Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Because they're big boys now part 2

Apparently since they're in bigger car seats and crawling and pulling up on things Calvin and Caleb decided they are way too big to be spoon fed meals!  The past few days they have been very difficult to feed and have gotten pretty fussy (note- they are usually more than willing to let me shovel food into their mouths, just look at their rolls for proof!).  Once we would pour puffs on their trays or hand over a baby mum-mum they were happy as clams.  I finally had a flash of brilliance and decided to try giving them diced fruit/veggies to eat with their fingers.  What do you know?  They loved it and ate more than they have in several days!  Yay for diced carrots, apples, bananas, kiwis, and sweet potatoes!
Calvin is covered in carrots but really did a good job at getting them in his mouth!

Caleb did an even better job at getting every piece of food in.  He's a slower eater and makes sure each bite gets in his mouth!  I also think he eats much more than Calvin...
They didn't have any issues chomping on the food and swallowing it down.  I guess they have just been trying to tell us they wanted some texture to their meals!  This is another one of those times we are thankful there are two babies because we might not have picked up as quickly if there was only one.  But when both are acting weird we try to figure out why!  Sorry boys your mom and dad are still pretty clueless with this babies growing up thing!
Just because Calvin looks so incredibly sweet in this picture I had to share!
They're really good at pulling up on us when they want to be held.  Just look at how I found Scott holding Caleb with Calvin standing against him.  Doesn't Calvin looked so neglected (and Scott so loved)???

The boys also had a play date with Miss Kallie on Sunday (she is 5 1/2 weeks old here).  They were so interested in the baby girl and new noises!  I love how excited Caleb is at the camera and how Calvin has taken both balls!

What sweet sweet boys we have- they are so much fun and always such a joy to be around (even when they're fussy!).  I just can't believe how fast they're growing up.  Why wont they listen when I tell them to STOP GETTING SO BIG?????

Oh, and did I mention we had to drop their cribs because we found Calvin pulling up with his chin on the rail?  Yes, they're not even close to being little babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment