This is not an understatement- we only survived the first three weeks of parenthood thanks to our amazing parents- especially moms!
My mom, Grandmama, stayed with us the first two weeks we were home from the hospital. She helped us through a 2 hour feeding schedule to help Caleb's acid reflux and really helped me while I couldn't move around very much. I couldn't have survived the first two weeks without her and Scott would have had to be home all of the time! Caleb and Calvin loved having her here and the visits from Granddad. Granddad helped with feedings and some projects around the house while he was here!
Scott's mom, MaMa stayed with us the third week we were home. I was still having issues healing when she arrived and was so glad to have the help! Mama has a way with soothing these boys when they're ready to eat and not wanting to wait! She helped us with meals and cleaning and going on outings with the two boys! Papa visited and helped with lots of feedings which let Scott and I run errands and sleep! Caleb and Calvin can't wait to see their Mama and Papa at the Razorback homecoming game in November!
Basically I was terrified to be alone for the first time this week. With all of the help we have had I just didn't know if I could handle taking care of two infants and meeting their needs. We finally figured out a way I could feed them at the same time so Scott doesn't have to help with the night-time sessions! He has been taking off a couple hours each day to come home early and make sure I'm okay. It has been so nice that he was able to save his vacation for the rest of the year instead of needing to use it all in these first three weeks.
Thank you to our Moms and Dads for helping us these first three weeks! I know the cuddling you got in with the boys more than made up for the lack of sleep and dirty diapers! We are so glad you were able to stay with us and spend time with the new grandsons.
No comments:
Post a Comment