Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Visitors

We've had some very special visitors over this past weekend.  First our best friends from college Sarah and Jared came in for a weekend visit.  The weekend FLEW by and we forgot to take pictures until Sunday when they were leaving!  I'll learn someday to remember to get my camera out all the time!

They helped us out with day and night feedings and they learned how to burp and change diapers!  I think they both got in lots of practice for their nephew's arrival in early December.  They cooked a wonderful pumpkin pasta for Saturday night and we made a pumpkin custard with the kitchen aid ice cream attachment (it makes making ice cream WAY too easy- no clean up and it's ready in 15 mins!).  Sarah and I had a shopping afternoon while they guys took care of the babies.  I've left the boys several times before but for some reason I really missed them when we got back.

Sarah and Jared had to go back to Dallas Sunday but they'll get to see the boys again in a few weeks for the Arkansas Homecoming weekend!  We are so thankful for friends who love the changes life brings and are right along for the ride!

Sunday afternoon Aunt Amy came in to spend the evening and Monday with us!  She surprised us with lots of treats. The first was a date night Sunday!  Scott and I had our first official date since bringing the kiddos home.  He even surprised me with flowers and we went out for dinner, coffee, and dessert!  It was so nice having some time away from the house with just the two of us.  And we came back to a freshly cleaned house at that!

When we got back the first nighttime feeding was approaching.  Amy told us to hand over the monitor and she took care of all the nighttime feedings so we could sleep.  She is pretty brave taking on twins without blinking an eye...maybe braver than I was!  We got a full nights sleep without hearing a single whimper or cry.  That was just what I needed after coming off one of their growth spurts where they wanted to eat every 3 hours around the clock!

Then on Monday she helped with laundry, all of the feedings, and she even mowed the yard for Scott!

It was such a blessing having Aunt Amy come and help and I know the boys enjoyed all of the love and playtime they received.  We can't wait to visit them Homecoming weekend in Arkansas when Caleb and Calvin get to meet their big cousins and Uncle Jerry for the first time!  Oh and once again I completely forgot to get a picture of Amy with the boys, I'll make up for it next time we see them, I promise!

We have my sister Aunt Amber and cousin Sami arriving tonight for a long weekend.  Then we are on our own for awhile and traveling to Arkansas for a few weekends.  We have loved all of the help we have received from family and friends and watching the boys with everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Can I adopt Aunt Amy into my family? She sounds wonderful and such a blessing! It's amazing what a little sleep and help with the little things can do for a family! I had a dream you guys moved next door to us! We're praying for all of you and love reading about everything! Lots of love and hugs from The Brew Crew!

    ReplyDelete