Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Unwanted Visitors

We always warn our guests to shake their shoes before putting them on because scorpions are a problem out here- we live next to an open field and when it's cold outside they come inside for warmth.  They're not poisonous but their sting hurts just like a wasp or bee sting.  I left a pair of shoes in the floor of our living room and as I picked them up to put away it sounded like something was in them.  I looked and sure enough here is a not so welcome little critter.

When the boys had only been home a few days and we were on a 2 hour feeding schedule I had an encounter with one of these.  It might have stung my arm but Scott killed it and flushed it.  Oh and did I mention it was on our pillow on the bed?  Yeah, I had a break down and just cried for awhile from the pain, hormones, and exhaustion!

I think it is time to call the bug people to take care of our scorpion friends.  I just keep imagining one of them stinging my babies...

No comments:

Post a Comment