Friday, November 4, 2011

Our first baby, Macy

In June 2009 we got the sweetest, most precious addition to our family.

Macy was our baby for 2 1/2 years. She is the most loving, cuddly dog ever and just wants to be loved on all the time.  If a dog could have a love language, Macy's is without a doubt touch/affection!  She would pass up a treat just to be rubbed on by us.  For 2 1/2 years she brought so much love and joy to our lives as well as entertainment.  Unfortunately Macy is also a very timid dog and she barks at anything that scares her.  For instance a suitcase in the corner of the room is a huge threat to her, as is a new bag, big coat, parked cars, and don't even try to touch her if you are wearing outside work gloves!

As you can imagine kids scare the living daylights out of her!  It took a few days for her to get used to the babies but she eventually loved being around them (because that meant she was around us!).  She finally got used to their movements and play time.  Unfortunately they aren't moving a whole lot right now and crawling will be here before we know it.  Scott and I decided we needed to find a better home for Macy, one without kids.  It was the hardest thing we have ever done but two weeks ago she went to a new home.  My heart still breaks every time I catch myself looking for her.  She is loving her new family and daily walks she is getting (we get regular updates) and I know it is best for her in the long run.  We just feel like we have lost a member of our family.  I am thankful Scott and I were in total agreement because I cannot imagine feeling angry at the same time.  That would be too much emotion for me right now.  I just miss seeing this beautiful face and wagging tail everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Macy!

    Such a happy puppy. I know she's in good hands. Now she gets to play without a baby scaring her/getting her worked up, and you get to let the boys lay on the floor without worrying. It's the best decision for you both!

    I'm glad she's with somebody you know so that you get updates!

    ReplyDelete