Thursday, November 10, 2011

Homecoming Weekend...GO HOGS!!!

We left Friday for Fayetteville via Fort Smith.  No, this is not the most direct route to Fayetteville but we got to see some very important people while we were in Fort Smith for the afternoon.  First off was a visit to Scott's grandma, MeMaMa.  She met the boys a few days after they were born but hasn't seen them since.  Since they have almost doubled their weight in 7 weeks she had some catching up to do with them!  This is great-grandkid #7 and 8 for her!
Caleb gave her a big time smile show- I think it melted her heart a little bit!

We also went to see Scott's brother Todd and his wife Melissa.  Todd was at the hospital when they were born, since it was his birthday too, but hadn't seen them since.  Michael and Connor will be great big cousins for these boys.
Connor was pretty funny around the babies.  He would touch their faces or heads and say 'Is this gentle?".   
Michael was so sweet with the boys and did a great job holding them and loving on them.
Then it was time to go up to Springdale for the night to stay at Aunt Amy and Uncle Jerry's!  We were so excited to let Anniston and Treyson meet the boys and Amy and Jerry were pretty excited to see them!
Anniston was so great with the babies.  She would hold them and sway with them to calm them down.  I'm pretty sure she'll be a fantastic mommy one day just like her mommy!  Speaking of Aunt Amy I went all weekend again without getting a picture of her with the boys.  You just wait until this next weekend, I'll go picture crazy around Amy!  She's used to being the one behind the flash but it is my mission to take lots of pictures!
Jerry helped calm Calvin for most of the evening.  We were trying to hold them off on eating so they would sleep good through the night.  After a long day of traveling and staying awake they did perfect!

Saturday was game day and we were so excited to take the boys around campus with us.  We stopped by the Pike house and then the KD house to see renovations.  Here's the best part of the day, I took my camera...and never got it out.  Not for a single picture while they were meeting all of our friends and families.  I'm ashamed.  I didn't even get a picture of them meeting Aunt Grace (who finally came back below the Mason-Dixon line for a visit).  She carried Caleb around in the Baby Bjorn from tailgate to tailgate too!  One day I'll become a good mom and actually take pictures!

Well, here's our picture with the boys in the game.  Did I mention what good babies we have?  They didn't fuss the entire day and were wonderful during the game.  They stirred a little bit when cheering would get really loud (it was an exciting game!) but always calmed right back down.

Sunday Sarah and I hosted a brunch for our best friend Grace's upcoming wedding at Emelia's on Dickson Street!  It was great getting the wedding party together and having some time to celebrate with the couple.  They are headed back up to NY until just a few days before their wedding.  I can't wait to see another friend create a wonderful marriage!

The ladies with the bride-to-be in the center!  

And the happy couple!  They are so excited to be getting married and are such a great looking couple. Chris is a great guy- he even let Grace pack coordinating outfits for the brunch!  Yeah for December 10th!!!!

I'm not a crafty person, not at all, but I did make these bottle labels as favors for the brunch...pretty proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment