I consider this an extremely blessed pregnancy. We made it to 36 weeks 2 days with only 1 day of bedrest! My blood pressure is suddenly severely high and the doctor wants to go ahead and deliver the boys today for my health! Wow! What a phone call that was to receive! The grandparents all made it in safely last night and we are all so excited. It is pretty hard to stay calm and relaxed at this point.
At this point they should be pretty healthy babies but we are praying for a safe delivery and strong boys. We're scheduled to bring them into this world around noon on the 15th. We'll update with pictures and the status after they arrive.
I am filled with so many thoughts and emotions. There is the side of me that is anxious about the health of the babies, taking care of them, the recovery time for me, and how much our lives are going to change. Then I hear the Lord telling me not to be anxious in anything- he hears my prayers and knows my needs. He is in control and has proven himself faithful throughout this entire pregnancy- all of the surprises and blessings he has poured out onto us. He knows our emotional and physical needs and has fully met them through friends, family, and doctors. We are going to be tired and pushed to our limits but God knows that and hears our suffering. He created the needs of infants and their sleep patterns- our job as parents to struggle meeting them creates a deeper love and is all part of giving up our selves for others. Being a parent is all part of the sanctification process where we learn to be more like Jesus.
There is another part that is so excited to meet these little boys and finally see what they look like and how they act. I can't wait to finally see Scott hold them for the first time after I have had them all to myself the past 36 weeks. Seeing our family and friend's reactions to finally meeting them will be priceless! I am excited to care for them and meet their needs. I imagine us in the operating room and how we will be surrounded by not only our angels but the angels that have been assigned to watch over our two boys. How exciting our God cares so deeply for each of us.
I am also a little sad to be ending the pregnancy. I have loved feeling the babies move inside of me and having them all to myself. It has been such a special experience. I laugh when they get the hiccups, and then after about 10 mins of them watching them squirm and kick to try to get them to stop! I love watching how they get excited when they hear Scott's voice and move around for him. It is so fun to feel them wake up when they hear music. Every Sunday they get excited and move around while we are singing praises to the Lord! I just hope they have Scott's rhythm and not mine!
Here are some final belly pictures and the last one we take as a family of two!
So excited for you and Scott! Can't wait to see the boys! Praying for rest and healing for you!
ReplyDeleteCourtney, You are already such a great Mommy. Scott is an amazing Daddy. And I am so excited to watch your boys grow up! What a wonderful God we have!
ReplyDelete