Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Welcome Caleb and Calvin

We started out the 15th with a trip to the hospital as a family of two (three if you count Macy) and couldn't be more excited about making that a family of four!!!  We were both so excited and a little nervous before the surgery started.

Our last photo ever as a family of two (and of my gigantic belly)
Can you see the excitement in Scott's eyes to be holding his baby boy and showing him to me?
The surgery was pretty fast and went well.  I was surprised how easy everything was and how calm I was able to say.  I was blessed with a peace that can only come from God during the minutes leading up to the c-section and during the c-section.  I was so excited to see Scott when he was finally able to come into the room.  He was fairly nervous about the whole situation (and thankfully he didn't pass out!) but more than anything excited!  We heard the first gurgles of Caleb and then his little cry, then just two minutes later we heard Calvin and his cry- what a relief!  The moment they told Scott he could come to the part of the room to see Caleb and Calvin he took off!  There was no checking to make sure I was okay or telling me he'd be back in just a few moments.  He just dropped my hand and practically ran over to the tables to meet his sons!
Our precious little miracles, Caleb and Calvin.  We are still trying to find differences other than just their size.  Caleb has bigger cheeks and a bigger head but he was also 11 ounces larger at birth.
 Caleb was born at 12:15 and was 6lbs 1 ounce, 18.5 inches long.  Calvin was born at 12:17 and was 5lbs 6 ounces and 17.5 inches long.  Yes, I was carrying around 11.5 lbs of just baby in my tummy...can you imagine what they would have weighed two weeks later?  When we left the hospital on Sunday I was already 25lbs lighter from not having so much baby in me!

We were so lucky to share the excitement of their births with our family and friends who drove in with just one day's notice!  Our parents and Scott's two siblings came in for the day of the surgery and to meet the newborns.  Then during the rest of the day and weekend we had more family and friends come by.  We can't wait to take these two handsome boys out into the world to show off!

Our new family of four! 
We are still adjusting to all of the feedings and diaper changes that come with newborns.  Thank goodness for grandmas!  My mom is staying with us these first two weeks and Scott's mom will be here for week 3.  Then we have lots of friends coming to help and meet these little boys!  Even though we have twin newborns I am on bedrest still for my blood pressure.  I am only supposed to be feeding myself and the babies and laying in bed for these first two weeks.  Hopefully at our appointment next week I am cleared to move around a bit more.  It is really hard that I cannot walk around to comfort them when they are upset.  So far my mom and Scott have been troopers and are taking care of me plus twins!


It has taken me a few days to get back up and around.  I ended up needing a couple units of blood because of the amount I lost after the surgery.  Once I received those I started feeling alive again and could actually sit up without being dizzy.  We were finally discharged from the hospital Sunday afternoon and headed home.
Calvin was less than thrilled by his car seat at first.  Once we started driving he instantly calmed down.

Caleb loved the car seat and just sat and slept the whole time!

Our trusty driver ready to take us home!

And me with our babies.  One of the main reasons we got a minivan was so that I can sit between Calvin and Caleb on car trips.   It was so nice just getting to watch them as we drove home.
Welcome home baby Caleb Walter and Calvin James!  We are so excited to be sharing our lives with you two!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with these boys. God is so amazing with His miracles He blesses us with. You two are very blessed, yet so are these boys! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Love the pictures. I'll be praying for your BP and for good rest and for feeding TWINS! Post more pics soon!! I can't wait to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete