Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Calvin and Caleb's First Baby Shower

I just updated this post- it deleted a couple of pictures I originally had in it!
We were lucky enough to have a baby shower this past weekend in Fort Smith with Scott's family and friends.  My two sister in laws hosted and it was so much fun!  I even had my two best friends come in from out of town for the shower and we had such a great weekend hanging out (I just completely forgot to get a picture with them).

They did such a good job decorating!  The table with the flowers was gorgeous!

They had monogrammed cookies that matched the two cute invitations displayed! (I know, that was really cheesy of me)

Amy, me, and Melissa

Scott's Grandma, mom, me and my mom.  Both of our moms are named Janet so we started lovingly referring to them as the Janets while we were wedding planning!
  
They made sure I was going to get plenty of advice from the guests!  Scott and I have had a great time reading through the book they put together with the cards in it!


My sweet niece Anniston was my helper during the shower.  She made sure to pick up all the wrapping paper and bring me gifts so I didn't have to bend over or move.  She earned her cookies by the end!

And here's a partial side shot of my belly at 24.5 weeks, in case you couldn't tell I was pregnant from the front!  HA!

We were a little overwhelmed at the amount of gifts people gave to us, boy are we blessed to have family and friends that care so much about these little boys!  Now we are starting to find places to put everything and it is nice feeling like we are 'preparing' for the double blessings that are coming our way.

Our moms had baby pictures out of us for the shower.  After looking through them I am so excited to see what these two boys will look like!  Hopefully they wont each be a 9 1/2 pound baby like Scott was! 

We are going to have one more shower in Little Rock, as long as I am still okay to travel, with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment