Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Catch-Up

It's been a busy month and we've been all over the place!  Last weekend was our first weekend home in several weeks and we needed the rest!  We got to spend some time in Dallas while my mom had surgery and was recovering.  It was good getting to see family we didn't expect to see, especially once we knew my mom was going to be fine!  We did get to play with our sweet niece Sami and keep her entertained while we were at the hospital.  She still thinks my mom fell off a bed and bumped her head (much easier to explain to a 4 year old than a brain tumor!). 

Then we headed to Lake Ouachita for Memorial weekend with Scott's family.  It is so fun getting to watch our niece and three nephews play together and spending time with the siblings!  We even made a big fire one night just so we could make Smores, yum yum yum!  The water was ice cold so I never got in to swim....I just enjoyed the sun from the boat.

Last weekend we celebrated our 4th Anniversary (and 21 weeks along in pregnancy)!  It's really hard to believe we've already been married for four years.  But when I stop and think about everything we've done in four years, it seems like it's been so much longer.  We never would have dreamed on our 4th anniversary we'd be expecting two babies!  We wanted to get away and relax so we headed to Mount Magazine and stayed at the lodge.  We only hiked the easy trails that were less than 2 miles- I really couldn't make it much longer without a break.  Maybe one day we'll go back when I'm not pregnant and do some of the longer trails...with the boys in tow! 

It is really beautiful up in the Ozarks.  The babies don't really let me sleep in much these days so I got to watch the sunrise the first day from our balcony.


Then my husband pretended he was the turtle hunter on a trail! 



Poor turtle just wanted to be left alone in to enjoy the shade!
 We hiked up to the highest point in Arkansas Saturday morning. 

Here I am standing on a flagstone patio...wait that is in the shape of Arkansas!  I didn't catch on to why I had to get my picture taken with it until much later.


Then we relaxed, took a nap, and enjoyed the views of the Ozarks from the bluffs. 



It was a great weekend away just spending time together.  We played lots of games- boggle is one of the favorites for late at night!  But Scott likes to stifle my creativity on words and tell me they aren't really spelled like I want!

We had another doctor's appointment on the afternoon of our anniversary (21 weeks).  At that point I was measuring at 31 weeks for a single pregnancy.  Here I am at 23 weeks...I think I've grown just a little bit! 

The boys are really kicking hard and moving around.  We can just watch my belly moving from the kicks and stretches.  We are just praying for health in the coming months and that hopefully I can avoid bedrest. 

Scott and I are still visiting churches trying to find the right one for us to be at.  This is a long process that is never fun- we want to hurry up and get connected and involved in serving but God has decided to teach us a bit of patience!  We know we will not find a church quite like Grace Fellowship in Katy but there are a few things that are deal breakers for us.  Please pray for us as we try to find the church home God has designed for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment