We weren’t trying to start a family just yet, neither felt like we were really ready to be parents. In our minds we still had a lot of maturing to do spiritually before we could be responsible for raising and discipling children. But it was something we were praying over and asking for guidance on. Basically we knew God is bigger than any form of birth control and if it is in his plan, it will happen. At our church in Katy our pastor often opened up the sermon with a prayer we said out loud as a congregation. “Lord, change my life through your word. Do whatever you want. Amen.”
On February 2 I found out I was pregnant. I was going to see how long I could wait to tell Scott because I knew he was going to be shocked. However, by the time lunch rolled around I knew I couldn’t wait much longer so I made a plan to get some items and surprise Scott before our Small Group meeting that night. If you know me, I’m terrible at keeping secrets! I try to get Scott to open presents weeks early because I can barely stand the wait! I grabbed Pei Wei for lunch and here’s the fortune I got! "Today your luck will completely change" When I read it I just busted out laughing!
So he was speechless and excited and had every reaction I could have possibly wanted! It was our little secret and we were pretty excited to keep it that way!
The next day our bosses each called us into their offices and told us we were up for jobs that would transfer us back to Bartlesville, OK and we would find out in the next few days for sure. WOW. We only lived in Katy for 26 months but we knew it would be an easier lifestyle in Bartlesville with a child. God was protecting our marriage and family before we even knew it! So we found out we were moving and we immediately went house shopping! A few weeks later we found out we aren’t just carrying one little baby but two!
There are so many pieces to this move that confirmed it is in God’s plan and his blessings were abundant. We are excited for our new adventure but it was really hard to leave our church home and family in Katy.
Hey !!!
ReplyDeleteWe love the pic and the new blog, so glad you'll be keeping us updated!
Allison & Andrew
www.keepingthetime.blogspot.com
I meant to tell you my mom said she only gained 23lbs and lost weight by the time it was all said and done.
ReplyDeleteHey ya'll, so glad you non-facebookers are keeping us in the loop. You look great girl, and you are finally our of the first trimester. Hope you are feeling better. Can't wait to read all about your journey, don't you love these little, unplanned surprises. We think we are not ready to be parents and then God says otherwise with His strength and wisdom.
ReplyDelete