They say you marry a man just like your dad. I wouldn't have guessed in a million years just how much Scott is like my dad when I first met him. But over the 7 years we have been together, I have a huge list of similarities (frugality, cleanliness, attention to detail, cheapness, money saver, organization, study habits, etc). Scott did something on Friday that just made me laugh it brought back such a clear memory of me with my dad.
Flash back 15 years when I'm a super cool pre-teen. My family and I went to Six Flags one day and as usual it was crazy busy. We had to park way in the back and walk all the way to the front with the parents (and I'm pretty sure mom was still sporting her denim fanny pack so my sister and I were several feet in front of them). We got up to the gate after about 20 minutes of walking and realized we had left something in the car. Instead of all of us walking back to get it dad happily starts jogging back to the car. You see, my dad loves working out and any time he can fit it into his daily routine he LOVES it. So we watched him run back to the car and then run back just smiling like it was the highlight of his day! We realized just how 'dorky' my dad is that day and just had a good laugh at it. (Sorry dad, I meant we realized just how COOL you are!)
Back to 2011:
Scott and I had to finish our taxes last Friday during lunch- I know two CPAs and we were waiting until the last minute! Since we had to work on something terrible like taxes we had a lunch date when we were finished. One major problem, it was raining and I hate walking in the rain without an umbrella. So I figured we would just eat in the work cafeteria. Boy was I wrong. Scott decided he could run to the Rolling Pin and pick up some sandwiches and bring them back to me! What a husband- he knows I really don't like getting wet but he didn't mind and wanted a tasty lunch for all four of us! As I watched him running down the street in the rain I just laughed at how similar he is to my dad!
Thank goodness more qualities shared are humility, righteousness, God seeking, heart of a servant, committed, and hard working. It makes the other ones more laughable and just keep life interesting! I can't wait for our kids to get to laugh at Scott's willingness to go out of his way to serve his family!
No comments:
Post a Comment