Friday, May 17, 2013

Texas, Terrified, Throat, Tumble

Those 4 words can pretty much sum up our moving weekend. 

The movers came and packed us up Thursday and Friday.  We sent the boys to school so they would be well entertained but I didn't realize I needed a plan for Scott.  Luckily our neighbors were home and Scott got to run around and play with Jesse!  They were super heroes and each other's sidekicks all day!  We got in some good quality time before we left Oklahoma to head to Texas!


I drove with the boys Friday afternoon down to the Great Wolf Lodge.  We thought it would be a great place for them to burn off some energy.  Saturday morning we took them down to the waterpark and I didn't get any pictures because they were glued to us!  They were absolutely terrified of all the water and noise and now they even hate bath time!  Uggh.  We stayed for about 1 hour trying to get them more calm and acclimated to their surroundings.  Our plan was to come back after nap time and see if they would warm up any more. 

But when we woke up from our naps my throat was hurting too much and I was way too achy.  So I headed to the doctor and was diagnosed with strep.  I was out of commission the rest of the weekend. 

The boys still wanted to be all over me so we let them play on the bed while I laid still. They loved this until Caleb sat a little too close to the edge. He was getting excited while we were singing the duck song and fell backwards and THUD, and then a long period of silence. He was making that silent cry face and was pretty scared so of course only his Momma could hold him to calm him down!  He had a nice little carpet burn mark on his forehead the rest of that day!

They still had fun running around the lodge and going on walks with Daddy.  They had some giant coloring pages that the boys LOVED! (Yes we took a couple of pages back to the room with us and crayons...)

We had to delay our check out Sunday because the boys both passed out around 10:30 for a pre-lunch nap!  It was so sweet cuddling the boys and watching them sleep (and listening to the silence!).
 
Calvin wanted to be swaddled like a baby and cuddled!
 
 Caleb fell asleep while playing with his snoopy!

We were each supposed to drive a car to Houston Sunday but I was too sick to concentrate on a 4.5 hour drive.  So my parents came and got the car from us in Dallas and delivered it to Houston Tuesday!  Thank you!!!!  Of course the boys were thrilled to see Nam-ma and Pop!

 

About 1 hour outside of Houston Scott asked me to take his temperature because he was feeling achy and sure enough he had a fever!  So he dropped me and the boys at the hotel and went to get some medicine for strep!  He pretty much stayed in bed from Sunday night until the movers came with our things Tuesday!

Thank goodness the boys were starting daycare Monday morning because we needed a break!  They are enjoying their new school but still say their old teachers names every morning on our way in.  I think they miss their old daycare!  Calvin is in an attachment stage where if I am around he cries until I hold him.  And he doesn't just want in my lap, he wants me to walk around with him constantly!  It's like having a 30lb newborn!  I'm not sure how to handle this phase and help him out of it so any suggestions are appreciated!

All of our things were delivered and we are slowly setting up the house. This end of the move is going smoother than the beginning!

I can't wait to celebrate Mother's Day this coming Sunday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment