Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Unwanted Visitor Part 2

Last year I blogged about an unwanted visitor I found in my shoe.  We've had a few scorpions in our house but luckily there has only been 1 sting. 

Friday evening Scott and I were sitting on our front porch enjoying the quiet evening since the boys went down at 6:30 again.  We were peacefully chatting about our day and the upcoming weekend when I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye.  I looked over at our guttering on the house and saw a big, furry, black TARANTULA.  Yes, I screamed, freaked out, ran inside while shaking my arms and jumping on my feet as if it had actually touched me.  I assumed Scott would just take care of it since it was crawling towards the front of our house. 

I was wrong.

Scott might be more scared of spiders than I am. 

He wanted my help.

He expected me to help.

I screamed and protested.

Then said I couldn't do it.  He should go get our next door neighbors.  Maybe that Scott is braver than he is with bugs and then I could watch them take care of the tarantula from behind the safety of the front door!

Scott ignored me and got a metal rake and a shovel from our garage.  He proceeded to show me how he would knock the giant tarantula down, trap it in the rake, and I would beat it with the back of the shovel.  I reminded him I was pretty sure tarantulas jump.  Plus hadn't he ever seen Harry Potter.  What if....

He really expected me to help him kill this tarantula.  He handed me the shovel then hit the side of the gutter with the rake.  The spider wasn't hit and started crawling towards ME, very quickly!  Scott tried to hit it again and missed.  This really made the tarantula mad.  I just knew the next move was for that darn tarantula to jump onto my head and terrorize me! 

Scott hit it again and this time knocked it down and actually trapped it in his rake!  I slammed the back of the shovel against the concrete and saw the guts splatter.  Then I smashed it a few more times to teach any tarantula that was watching a lesson.  Don't even try to mess with my house or my babies!

I've had nightmares about spiders and tarantulas every night since Friday.  Will my life ever return to normal???

No comments:

Post a Comment