Well it has finally happened- Friday was my last day of maternity leave and I am going back to work on Tuesday. I really am looking forward to returning to work but the end of a season of life is always sad- it is supposed to be! I cherished the time I got to spend with Calvin and Caleb and watch them grow before my eyes. At the same time I have such a peace about becoming a working mom- like this is exactly what I am supposed to do. Since we started working Scott and I have built our expenses on one income so that I would always have the option to stay at home without a huge lifestyle change. It is really good knowing I have that option if I really think that is best for our family.
I have been so blessed to spend 15 weeks at home with my boys and experiencing their smiles and personalities everyday. While there have been a few days where I called Scott and asked how soon he could come home most days were really fun. Here are some of their firsts we've gotten to share together!
Keeping them awake in the evenings has gotten to be pretty fun. Sometimes they are so sleepy they go between smiles and cries like blinking!
And sometimes they just want to sleep no matter how hard we try to keep them awake. Caleb is the worst at falling asleep but that's okay because he is a better sleeper...
Sometimes we really do let them sleep! Either really spread out after playing...
Poor Caleb just wanting to sleep again!
or swaddled up tight for nighttime.
Sweet Calvin just before bed.
Going on walks like big boys in their stroller.
Just hand them a sock monkey or a lovey and they are entertained holding them (Calvin left and Caleb right).
And bundling up for colder walks in the baby bjorns!
Caleb's warm hat makes his cheeks looks extra chunky, huh?
Checking out the other baby brother.
Hitting on each other and eating the other's hand.
Caleb and Calvin trying to cuddle with mommy!
And seeing the other baby in mirrors that doesn't hit them.
Caleb's face isn't speckly- I guess it is just how the fake mirror looks in pics!
And learning to grab and play with their toys in whole new ways!
Calvin is grabbing onto parts of his jumparoo. They are both learning how to turn around in the chair to play with the different toys!
I just love these boys to pieces. I don't think I'll cry tomorrow when we leave them at daycare. I think it is going to hit me next Monday when I've only been around them for 2 days and already have to go back to work. For now I am really excited to be back working and confident our boys will be in great hands!
Caleb's hat is too cute!! We miss you guys bunches.
ReplyDeleteSo glad everything went well! I know you're going to love your work/mommy balanced life....the absolute best of both worlds!
ReplyDelete