Thursday, September 12, 2013

Viruses attacking MY family? I don't think so.


Last January my 3 month old baby Caleb came down with a stomach bug.  He threw up for 4 days.  We had to try to give him 1 oz of pedialyte every hour to try to keep him hydrated.
 
I would have paid thousands to take the sickness away from my little baby and make him better.  A few days after he was better they had their 4 month appointment.  It was the only appointment where Calvin weighed more.

I don't think Caleb has thrown up since then until Monday.  He came down with a stomach bug again and was sent home from school.  He looked absolutely pitiful and was so unresponsive we took him straight to the doctor.  I was signing him in for his appointment and all of a sudden he lifted his precious little head from my shoulder and threw up all over me.  I had chunks of vomit in my hair,  bra, shoes, literally from my shoulders to the floor.   Since I had taken him straight from daycare I didn't have a diaper bag or change of clothes for him.  All I can say is YUCK.  I got him cleaned up and naked them tried to wash my front off.  I called Scott and he rushed home to bring us a change of clothes.  I even turned my shirt around backwards so when I held Caleb he wouldn't be against the vomit.  But the doctor said it was a stomach virus and we would have to wait it out.

Little did he know my eyes have been opened.  I have emerged out of the darkness of only using prescriptions and antibiotics and into the world of Doterra essential oils!  I loaded Caleb up with DigestZen, OnGuard, Oregano, and Peppermint.  The peppermint took away his fever when he refused to put advil in his tummy and by dinner he had an appetite and was ready to eat.  The next day he was just fine but lacked a little energy. Calvin came down with it when I picked him up from school on Caleb's day 2.  He threw up about 30 seconds after I walked into his room at school!  He was just as pitiful so I took him home and loaded him up with the same oils we had been giving Caleb.  Calvin had only been getting the OnGuard that week since his tummy wasn't upset.  He started to get some life in him and actually ate dinner.  The next morning he was more tired than usual but had an appetite and his recovery is much faster because he was already on the OnGuard. 

I have no idea if it was just a 12 hour bug that went away on its own or if the oils helped clear it up but I sure felt better knowing I was doing something to help their poor little bodies feel better.  Scott and I have also been taking the OnGuard to prevent us from getting the virus this week.  So far we're both completely in the clear! 
Scott likes to ask me if I've taken up smoking now that I'm a hippie using oils...  But seriously if you haven't heard about essential oils do some research or ask me!  I don't think they should replace all medication but they can certainly work against viruses.

1 comment:

  1. I do not know what I'd do without our oils! We've used them for everything. Digestzen is so awesome though. I was so sick one night and it took two doses of digestzen to get my stomach back in check!

    ReplyDelete