I'm embarrassed- I took my camera with me to a wedding shower on Saturday and both boys but didn't manage to take a single picture! But I was able to celebrate the upcoming wedding of my best friend from high school, Kacy! We are so excited about their wedding this June and I can't wait to see her and Jay get married! Did I mention I took the boys with me to meet everyone? Yes, I had them at the shower for almost 45 mins and then Scott picked them up for lunch. Caleb was extra giggly and smiley while Calvin was really serious (Yes- complete opposite of how they usually are in public settings- no I didn't get them confused and call them by the wrong name all day!) But as soon as they were in the car Calvin passed out and slept for almost an hour. He was just a tired baby!
We had a fantastic visit in Dallas. It seriously couldn't have been a better weekend. Perfect company, weather, and babies adds up to a wonderful weekend! Our boys slept all night no problem until 7:30 both days in their pack-n-plays. They didn't really take good naps because they were having too much fun. They got to play with Grandmama and Granddad all weekend!
 |
| Caleb was all giggles playing with Grandmama on the floor. |
 |
| Granddad got a kick out of watching the boys 'fight' over their favorite blocks! |
 |
| Grandmama and Graddad with Calvin and Caleb on Palm Sunday. The boys were perfect little angels at the church nurser, of course! |
Saturday evening our friends from Katy, Joe and Ashli came to meet the boys and then go out with us for the night. It was so good getting to have some friends from Katy actually meet the boys! We had a blast with Joe and Ashli at dinner and just had a perfect evening. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for eating outside AND we got to top off dinner with COLD STONE!!!! Hello Birthday Cake Remix! I love their cake batter ice cream and it is probably a good thing we don't have one close to us.

Leaving to come back to Bartlesville Sunday was kind of tough. To be perfectly honest I just wanted to turn the car around and drive somewhere else. I miss living in a city/suburb with lots of fun things to do. We are really thankful for the friends we have made here but life was easier in Katy/Houston. It felt more natural to call Katy home. At least we know our time here is temporary. This has been a great reminder that we shouldn't get too comfortable with where we live or long for somewhere on earth too much. This isn't really our home- as a follower of Christ my home will be heaven. That is really where our eyes and attention should be fixed. This is just a tough lesson we are learning right now. Thank you Lord for being right here with us on the journey! And
that is how we are still filled with joy in the more challenging seasons life.
No comments:
Post a Comment