Friday, February 24, 2012

Five months

Every new stage the boys enter into seems to be my favorite- it just keeps getting better.  I thought I wouldn't like anything more than the newborn stage when they were so sleepy and cuddly...until I got to their next stage of smiling and laughing.  I love when the boys giggle and laugh at us!  I need to get it on video because it is such a sweet sound that I never want to forget!  They are still so stinking happy (when they're not hungry or tired) and such easy babies!  Here is some information about their 5th Month of Life.

Caleb
You can roll over both ways and just get a kick out of rolling to your tummy!  Maybe you'll start liking tummy time???
When you are on your tummy you can lift your torso off the ground and play with your toys well.  You can pull your legs into the crawling position but you can't keep your torso lifted when you do this!
You are finally back up to a 10 hour stretch of sleep.  After your tummy bug weight loss and the 4-month growth spurt kicking in you were one hungry kid.
You only sleep when you are swaddled at night.
You love reading books with us and are mesmerized by the pages.
Your smile takes up your entire face from ear to ear! 
You still have not stayed awake in the church nursery- everytime you just pass out!  You aren't really interested in socializing with new people.

Calvin
You love standing and just holding onto our fingers.  You're not really interested in sitting up.
You can roll over both ways but always seem to pop off your tummy quickly!
When you are on your tummy you can lift your torso off the ground are are working on your legs...I think crawling might be around the corner...
You sleep 10-12 hours at night...thank you!
You only sleep when you are swaddled at night.
You are starting to demand attention- especially when you see me holding or playing with Caleb! 
Your daddy makes you laugh uncontrollably.
We can't have the TV on in the background because you will stare at it for hours if it is on! 
You found your 'boyness' and now always grab it during bath time and diaper changes!
You love interacting with new people.  You get so energized whe you are around others!
You like to squirm and wiggle and scoot!



Sweet baby boys!

1 comment:

  1. oh, precious baby boys! So glad they're feeling better---and sleeping better, too! We can't wait to make it your way soon!!!

    ReplyDelete