Math was always my favorite subject in school. I loved solving equations and getting to the right answer. I even considered being a math teacher because I loved helping people understand it! I guess that's why I eventually picked accounting in college. So when I saw this real-life problem it just didn't quite make sense to me:
couple + kids = minivan
Do you see the issue? I mean how does a fun loving couple like us suddenly equal the coolness of a minivan? One of our friends pointed us to this video which totally helped explain it all:
So yes, this past weekend we took the plunge. Scott made the ultimate sacrifice and we traded in his Acura TSX for a Honda Odyssey!
He now drives my CRV and I get the mommy car! We know a minivan is the best long term option for a vehicle and it will be so convenient with handling two infant car seats. I just need some time to get over feeling so old pulling up in a minivan to the mall (I kind of feel like my parents)! Here are a few before and after picks of our transition from young, 'cool' couple to minivan owners.
From football game tailgating to....
testing the brightness of the headlights for nighttime driving!
From making travel overseas on long trips a priority to...
making sure one of us can sit between the boys on car trips to the grandparent's houses!
Thinking there was way more to pack when travelling with a dog to...
making sure the doors open and close with a push of a button since our hands and minds will be overloaded!
I guess we should face it. We were never all that cool. I mean we gave up trying to be cool years ago and have embraced our 'unique' characteristics!
That is hysterical! Nice wheels, Courtney. I'm sure that when you, a young cool looking gal, pull up at the mall, nobody questions your car once they get a look at your sweet belly :)
Love it!
ReplyDeleteThat is hysterical! Nice wheels, Courtney. I'm sure that when you, a young cool looking gal, pull up at the mall, nobody questions your car once they get a look at your sweet belly :)
ReplyDelete