I cannot believe we only have 7.5 more weeks to go until these boys are HERE!!!! Well, at the most 7.5 weeks. Hopefully they'll hang tight until then and learn how to share the space better! We have our scheduled C-Section for September 27th so that is the final cut off date to my pregnancy. We'll check their position one more time in a few weeks but twins don't typically move in the 3rd trimester. Putting an end date on it really makes it seem close- and we have so much to do before they get here (including our childbirth classes!). I'm still working full days and hopefully I don't get so uncomfortable that I have to scale back on that. I just can't believe how big my belly is getting. I mean this thing is really sticking out there! We are just praying they decide to stay in my tummy until we reach 38 weeks. We love having everything planned out=)
 |
| Yes, I'm still supposed to have room to grow for 8 more weeks! |
When I see my reflection in windows or mirrors I am shocked every time. No wonder I wake up every hour at night to flip over or try to get comfortable! Poor Scott is being pushed out of our bed with all of my pillows.
We got even more prepared for their arrival this past weekend with a family shower in Little Rock. Once again we were showered with gifts from our family and friends for the boys- we are amazed at how generous and excited everyone has been to help us prepare for twins!
 |
| The beautiful hostesses- my Aunt Claire Rita and my best friend Sarah. |
 |
| Yummy cupcake and the cutest animal sugar cookies! |
 |
| And more food for the pregnant lady! |
 |
| I loved these diaper cakes- especially that Sarah's husband helped roll each diaper (Thanks Jared- Scott got to unroll the diapers!) |
 |
| What's a shower without bath accessories? |
 |
| And we got clothes galore for the first year! Plus we got more baby gear we were lacking (car seat, jogging stroller, bumbos, etc!) |
I really can't think of anything we are still needing other than diapers, wipes, diapers, wipes, diapers, wipes, and more diapers (can you really have enough with twins?)! Scott had a reality check moment this week. He's been buying diapers every time he goes grocery shopping because we've been told to expect to go through around 200 diapers the first few weeks (yes, I no longer walk around the grocery store and my husband doesn't even let me go when I want to go so he does all the shopping). This week he just realized in our trash we would have around 200 diapers....and how that might smell up our garage! The trash we put out each time is about to double or even triple from diapers! Holy Moley!!!!
We are really starting to feel the excitement and anxiety over welcoming two little lives into our family. This is really going to be a rewarding journey but we are also going to be broken in the process. I really like thinking I can get through life on my own, with my own strength, but the Lord likes to remind us how weak we really are. Parenthood is a sanctification process and raising twins will not be any different. I received such an encouraging message from a friend about parenthood and it just makes me smile thinking once again that God is actually entrusting us to raise these boys. I marvel at the fact that he wants to partner with us to raise the next generation of men. One thing I love doing is speaking blessings over the boys (and watching them move around). I hope this is something I intentionally continue to do once they get here and that I don't get caught up in the busyness of daily life.
No comments:
Post a Comment