Thursday, July 12, 2012

Happy 5th of July (part 1)

Oh yes, most people just assume the fireworks and great food on the 4th is only in celebration of our country's Independence.  However my entire family knows it is to celebrate my birthday eve (kind of like Christmas eve).  Thank goodness I turned 26 again for the third time and got to celebrate with Scott's family and our boys at the lake. 

We take the entire week off every year to spend at the lake just relaxing.  It is kind of a great way to enjoy the peak of summer.  Have I mentioned how blessed and grateful we are to have a lake house to stay at and use for free thanks to Scott's overly generous parents?  They claim we don't have to pay because we bring the grandkids (who throw food everywhere, spit up on all surfaces, are the first to wake up, and scream the loudest) so we don't question their logic! 

We started off the week a little unexpected.  I had a work emergency so I had to stay back in Bville an extra day.  Scott took the boys down to Fort Smith Friday night to visit his Grandma on Saturday.  I sent him with a camera, I showed him where I packed it and gave specific instructions to take pictures of the boys with his Grandma.  I asked him if he took any pictures and his response was "Do I even have a camera with me?".  Yep, typical from my sweet, precious, completely inattentive, and the best at blocking out communication while responding to me in agreement Scott!

(There would be a picture here of both boys smiling while sitting in their MeMaMa's lap had my husband listened and processed what I told him.)

I was able to finish up work a little earlier than expected so I headed into Fort Smith Saturday afternoon and was greeted with giggle and smiles from all three of my boys!  We spent the evening with their MaMa and PaPa and then headed off to Little Rock on Sunday.  My sweet cousin had a baby boy back in early June that was born with a more special heart than they realized.  He has been at Arkansas Children's since he was born and is such a little trooper.  After several surgeries (and more on the way) he is doing pretty good.  It was so special getting to meet little Beau and love on him for a few minutes.  He is absolutely precious and so content just hanging out!  His mom and dad are spending every minute possible at the hospital so they can be with their sweet baby and I know it hasn't been easy on any of them. 
Beau is such a handsome little boy and such a cuddler!

And once I left the hospital my camera battery started dying.  I didn't pack my charger.  I was able to take the following pictures with a blinking battery so every picture after this post is courtesy of my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.  Thank you for letting me grab your camera at any moment!

Scott's favorite is a sleeping baby on him.  I think he makes me take his picture every time one of the boys falls asleep on him from their night-time bottles!
 
We see so many deer while we are at the lake and it never gets old! 
 
Our sweet boys are enjoying table food at meals now!

We headed to the lake and spent a few days alone hanging out with the boys at the pool and eating wonderful pie from Shangri La!  Then just as we were getting bored (HA!) all of our family joined us for the rest of the week!

Caleb was so excited to see his family and could barely contain his excitement!

Calvin decided to work on his singing so he could give everyone a show!  This sweet boy 'sings' almost every time we are in the car with the radio on.  I hope he gets his voice from his daddy's family!

No comments:

Post a Comment