Wednesday, March 21, 2012

When one gets sick so does the other!

We had RSV spread like wildfire through Bartlesville in late February.  Every kid except one was out of Caleb and Calvin's class sick with RSV.  Luckily for us our boys didn't have a severe case and recovered much quicker than I expected.  I am so thankful they didn't need breathing treatments and that their case was relatively mild.  At least now we've had it and we can move on! 

The crazy thing is we just thought they were congested from a cold.  They weren't fussy at all but they sounded pitiful.  We could hear them breathing and they were starting to put forth extra effort to breath.  That's when I decided to take Caleb in to the doctor.  I think I officially got out of the runnings for the "Mom of the Year" award when Caleb had a fever at the doctor.  I had no idea, hadn't thought to check because he wasn't fussy, and didn't have tylenol on hand to give him.  Poor baby!  Now I'm a little OCD about checking for a fever...

We kept the boys home on a Thursday and Friday and spent the weekend at home.  Since RSV is so contagious we really couldn't go anywhere or have any visitors in for the weekend.  But we got in lots of play time and cuddling from the boys.

Calvin was happy all weekend playing on his tummy.  He's really working on crawling...

Caleb was just as happy rolling over to be on his back!  Every time we put him on his tummy he would roll right over.  I think as soon as his brother is leaving him behind he'll get serious about crawling!
 
Caleb decided he'd work for a little bit on his tummy.

Calvin LOVES these blocks- they keep both boys mesmerized for so long!  It is a daily toy for them right now (Thank you Uncle Todd and Aunt Melissa!).
 
We even got in some cuddle time over the weekend.

We stayed home with the boys on Thursday and Friday but by Monday morning they were more than ready to go back to school.  Just look at the excitement from their sweet faces!  I really missed them when I went back to work that Monday.  It was a big adjustment going from hanging out with them for 4 days to not seeing them for a full day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment