Monday, July 18, 2011

It's been a mild summer so far...

I really haven't minded the 'cool' summer I've been having, I'll take 75 degree weather any day!  Are you wondering where I'm at to be spoiled with such nice summer weather?  INSIDE because it is so stinking hot outside!!!!  I forgot just how hot it gets and stays in Bartlesville.  In Houston we had high temperatures but nothing like it gets here.  It just feels like a sauna some days in Houston!  Bartlesville is a city of extreme weather- they get really cold winters with lots of ice/snow and then ridiculously hot summers.  When I looked at the forecast for this week, this is pretty much the picture we see for everyday (and this isn't even the heat index, that's usually above 110):
I can't handle much exposure to this weather, I wilt like a delicate flower!  Remember I'm incubating two babies right now.  Scott's been protecting me from the heat so I get door service everywhere we go; he's such a caring husband.  At least towards the end of my pregnancy it will start to 'cool' off a little bit!  Thank goodness for an energy efficient house and a new a/c unit we are breaking in!  Now if it would only cool off enough I could venture to our neighborhood pool one evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment